The history of changes made to CompendiumLD, release-by-release over the period March 2009 to March 2011:
CompendiumLD version 1.13 released for Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Bugs fixed related to task timing, cutting and pasting of nodes, scaling of learning design nodes, dragging and and dropping of image files
- Link colours now described by colour names (red, green etc.) instead of link types (responds to, supports etc.))
- Option to export SVG introduced, but the SVG is a single level only, and is a visual but not semantic representation of the maps contents.
CompendiumLD version 1.0 released for Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Export of XML files conforming to the standard Compendium DTD enabled via the ‘Export to XML option’. Un-tick the ‘Include learning design timing data’ to export a standard Compendium XML file which can be imported into other versions of Compendium. These files will not include learning design timing information.
- ‘How do I get started with CompendiumLD?’ map edited so that it links to HTML tutorials rather than pdfs.
CompendiumLD version 0.98 released for Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Learning design stencil edited and reduced to a set of four stencils: LD-OU (core learning design stencil), LD-CONDITIONAL (to add conditions and different pathways to a learning design), Sequence mapping (a stencil to help with laying out of learning activities), Approaches to LD (examples of approaches to learning design, each map shows a different approach to the design process)
- Bug in new link drawing code fixed: export as Jpg and HTML now works correctly.
- Bug fixed in show/hide task times (called via menu option)
- Help menu changed to refer to online help movies page
CompendiumLDv0.95 for Windows and Mac released.
- New learning design node icons introduced for the activity, conditional and task sequence/swim-lane stencils
- Link drawing improved: links now start and stop very close to the node icons, and move around node indicators (e.g. the label, wieight, timing, detail and transclusion indicators).
- Activity and task timing information is not shown by default. Now need to right click in an activity and select 'Show task times' to display it.
- New welcome map introduced ‘How do I get started with CompendiumLD?’
- When projects are created, the nominated user is made the default user
- LD help – activities found now created transclusions of existing activities
- Small icon display fixed. To show a small icon for an individual node, select the node and click the button on the node format toolbar. To create small icons by default select the menu option :Tools->Project Options->Node Extras ->'Use small icon'. Note that once you select this option, small icons will be created until you deselect it.
- Change learning design node type menu introduced.
- Paste and paste special menu options introduced – copying and pasting works similarly to other applications, except for activity nodes.
- Menus changed so that menu options used less frequently by most users are hidden by default
- Inbox removed from home window
- Introduced menu options to import and export learning design files
- Bug fixed in Aerial view
CompendiumLDv075 released for .Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Activity menu simplified to show just these options: align, arrange, copy, cut, paste, import, export, show task times.
- Timing data is now displayed to 2 decimal places so fractions of a day or hour are correctly shown.
- Import and export of timing data for learning activity maps is now included in the XML export option
- Fix of bugs to zoom in and out of learning design activity maps
- Changes to fix HTML web maps export so that HTML works in Firefox, internet Explorer and other browsers